Buying Hearing Aids Online: Is It Wise?
The decision to buy hearing aids online is based primarily on two factors:
- Convenience and/or
- Lower Price
When buying hearing aids online, you can expect to encounter most if not all of the following issues:
- The hearing aid seller is not accountable for the product’s performance in relation to your hearing range
- While some online setups have arrangements for you to meet with a specialist in your area, the specialist is not liable for the product’s performance
- The money saved by purchasing hearing aids online is spent on the charges for office visits to custom fit and program your purchase(s), as well as charging for follow-up visits etc…
- Prefer to go to specialist not listed on website of online seller? Expect most stores to turn you away because your item(s) were purchased online
Any one of these issues negates the rationale for choosing to purchase hearing aids online.
To not purchase hearing technology online, but instead through a store you can expect:
- The store’s hearing specialist to work with you to find the hearing aid product that achieves the results you want at a price you feel comfortable with paying
- Stores to comply with the guidelines set out by the manufacturer’s warranty of the products sold by the store
- A return policy of sorts. At Hearing Aid Express…If after you have given the hearing aid a try and you decide it is not for you, from the date of purchase you have up to 30 days to return the item(s) for your money back – minus a 10% dispensing fee
- A flat fee of the product’s costs with no additional charges. At Hearing Aid Express…Hearing tests, consultations, digital demonstrations, cleanings, adjustments and personalized programming are always FREE